Home, Interest

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This and That

Hi everyone, I know I have not been posting very much these days but life has taken a hard turn and I had to put my priorities in order. We were doing some much needed remolding on the house in the middle of all that I had to put my Daddy on Hospice. So now everyday is a new challenge. Some days I stamp  some I don't but lots of the time there is know time to take photos or do blog post . So today I wanted to catch up on some post of things that I have had for awhile.


First up

A few months ago I got one of those Copic sketchbooks. I have not done a lot but I do enjoy working in it, I am using it to keep up with Copic color combinations.





One thing I have learned is to place a piece of scrap paper behind the page that I am coloring because it will bleed through to the next page as you can see on the page with the strawberries.

In the past when I have posted card I have said that I colored ribbon with Copic markers and I though I would try and show you how I did this.


This is what I use Seam binding, 97% Alcohol I a spray bottle You can use colorless bender but the alcohol is a lot cheaper and you can get it at Walmart.


I use the chisel tip to color the ribbon.


 If you want the shabby look spray with alcohol and scrunch. You can use a baggie or gloves for this part to keep the ink off your hands. The Alcohol is also good for removing the ink from you hands and to clean up.

I hope you can use some of these tips.

Have a wonderful day,

Janett
  

No comments: