Home, Interest

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Backgrounds with DRS designs

What a week I have had. We went to Helen over the weekend, it was a lot of fun we stopped at Nora’s Mill and watched them grind Grits, that was very inserting. I bought some of there grits and cooked them for breakfast this morning with our fresh eggs Oh how good it was. Tuesday we went with Emma on her field trip to Petty Creek Farm we saw Camels and Zebras not the kind of animals one would expect to see on a farm. But it was a lot of fun and spending the day with our beautiful granddaughter is always a wonderful time.



I did get a little stamping done. I was playing around with making backgrounds and I’m happy with the way they turned out. I have been eyeing the ruffled ribbon that I have been seeing on a lot of cards, so I came up with my own way of making ruffled ribbon.
For the ribbon I did a running stitch down the middle of the ribbon and gathered when I had enulf ribbon gathered I tied the thread and cut the ribbon from the spool. Them I cut a piece of cardstock ½ inch wide and 4 ¼ inch long, I stuck a strip of red line tape to the strip of paper removed the covering and adhered the ribbon to the strip letting the ends over hang. I was quite happy with the way it turned out.

For the holly background paper I cut cream cardstock to the size I wanted then stamped Holly background stamp 356H by DRS designs, then colored the leaves with copic markers, for the berries I used red Smooch. I used Antique Linen around the edges.

For the strip I stamped Four Flower Background M370 by DRS designs with walnut ink then I used the red Smooch for the berries the edges were sponged with Antique Linen.

The main image is Cardinal 856M by DRS Designs. I used a green card and matted all the layers with green cardstock.

Have a wonderful day,
 
Janett 

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

Beautifully done! Nice job creating the backgrounds!

Lynn said...

Very NICE! Love the ruching on the ribbon.