Home, Interest

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Autumn is Calling

I am so loving the cooler tempters and beautiful blue sky's It's almost time for a drive across the mountains to see the fall colors and a stop at the apple house for some fried apple pies.




I started by stamping the Open Leaf and the Fall Leaf with Acorn  with Memento Rich Cocoa the sponging on Memento Cantalope,Tangele, and Olive Grove these were fussy cut. With the Rich Cocoa I stamped the Autumn is Calling Greeting then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Now for the plaid background I used my Misti and the cut apart Woven Plaid. The same colors the were used on the leaves were used for the plaid plus I added Fire Brick DI. All the mats were cut with the Perfect layers.

Now I want to tell you what I think of the Misty, before I bought mine I did a lot of research there was talk of the front cracking after about three months but other than that everyone just love there's. 
First let me say the shipping was perfect, I could not have asked for better. When I order mine I got the graft paper and I'm so glad that I did. The stamps that I used was DRS designs there are red rubber that I mount with E Z Mount Cling Foam. I found that I need to use the black foam pad, with out it I would need to push to hard on the top and this could cause it to crack. I only use water and a clean soft cloth to clean my stamps. It was so easy to make the plaid background paper with the Misty, I think I am going to be very happy with this purchase.  


Have a wonderful day,

Janett

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful card Janett! I really like the colors and images - so reminds me of Fall and apple pie! I am still debating on the Misti - I am going to wait until I can see it in action most likely. Thanks for the extra info on it! Hugz

Janett said...

Thank you Nancy, I was on the fence about the Mist for a long time. Now I am so happy it work great with the background stamps. The is some great videos out there that helped me make my decision.