Home, Interest

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

From the garden


Hello everyone, hope your week is going well. I have done a little stamping this week, and a lot of work in the garden. We planted some grape vines at the top of the garden I so hope that they will grow, I got them a BJ’s for $1.99, so if they don’t grow it’s no great loss and I will get some better ones next year. I also want to plant some raspberries and some blackberries.  I have started getting squash, zucchini, and cumbers this week it has made for some wonderful meals. We have had fried squash, zucchini fries these were a big hit. And zucchini blueberries bread that is some good stuff.  It went fast and John wanted me to make some more and he thought that it would be good with strawberries so I have some in the oven now. It smells so good. I wanted to share the recipe that I use hope you give it a try, and let me know how you like it.

Blueberry Zucchini Bread

3 eggs, Lightly beaten 1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Vegetable oil 1 teaspoon Baking powder
3 teaspoons Vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon soda
2 ¼  cups  white sugar            1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups zucchini 1 pint fresh blueberries
3 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.

Bake 50 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

I use to regular bread pans and bake 1 hour 20 minutes.


Have a wonderful day,

Janett

No comments: