Home, Interest

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Stone Infinity Carving

I know spring is on it's way I'm starting to see small signs. There are more birds and squirrels and the daffodils are up. And I know my friends in the north will be happy to see it's arrival. And I'm ready to spent some time outside. But for now I will stay in and stamp my heart out.

                                         On to my card. 



I love the new Infinity Shamrock . When ever I see these Celtic knots I all ways associate them with carving in stone. That is what I was trying to achieve here. I started by cutting three ovals and gluing them together. When they were dry I rubbed some Versa Mark ink not covering the entire services then covering with Platinum embossing powder. I repeated this trying for a uneven services then I sprinkled in some black and verdigris  embossing powder. While it was still hot I inked the Infinity Shamrock with Brillance Graphite Black ink and stamped into the embossing powder creating this recessed image. When it cooled I rubbed on some Memento London Fog and Olive Grove.




I stamped the Irish Blessing on green card the edges were sponged with Antique Linen ink and added some black corners and a black card.

Have a wonderful day,

Janett

No comments: