Home, Interest

Friday, December 7, 2012

Winter Time Explosion Box


Hi everyone, I have become obsessed with making these Explosion Boxes. My granddaughter birthday is Friday, and we are going to give her gift to her on Thursday night so she can wear it to school on Friday. We always get her a new Christmas dress. But her party is not until Saturday, and I wanted to have a little gift to give her at her party.( she’s our only girl) I thought she would think this was fun.

I wanted to use a winter theme not to Christmas and very girly lot’s of sparkle. All the stamps are by DRS designs. I used white card stock for all the boxes. I stamped the Interlocking Snow Background in French Blue Chalk ink and embossed it with sparkle clear embossing powder, I stamped 2 of the Large Filigree Snowflake the same way and cut them out. I put a small strip of a clear Polyester sheet between the two snowflakes so it would stand up. The two smaller snowflakes are MS punches that are cover with white glitter after attaching to the box lid I added glue then flower soft and glitter. On the edge of the lid is some lt. blue boa that came from Michele’s.




For the inside I used pink and snowmen, Copics were used to color everything and lots of white and pink glitter. A MS punch was used along the edge of the box top.

























For the last layer I was thinking ice and snow. A embossing folder was used on all the layers and I did sponge some blue around the edges and used a brayer to spread glitter glue over the top. The floating snowflakes are done the same as the ones on the top of the first lid. I stamped the Tree line border all the way around the small box in white and embossed with sparkly clear embossing powder. The edge of the box top is punched with a MS Icicles punch and covered with Glossy Accents. For the top I add a white satin bow and a glitter snowflake. This is the little box were her little gift will go.










I hope you like my little gift box.

Have a wonderful day,

Janett

Stamps used: Interlocking Snow Background, Large Filigree Snowflake, Simply Snowman, Tiny Snowman Exceptional Year Greeting, Snowflake Scroll, One Line Birthday Greeting, Snowman Bird Buddies, Pine Tree Snowdrifts, Tree Line Border 


3 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

OMG! This is beautiful! Love all of the stamped designs and sparkle! The other one you made was just as lovely. You rock these boxes!

Samantha said...

OMG Janett, this is sooo cute and perfect for a little girl! Your gift must have been the hit of the party!

Shelia said...

oh my goodness, Janett, this is amazingly cute. Your granddaughter will love it!!