Home, Interest

Friday, November 21, 2014

Boxed up Snowman

By: Janett Ray

Hi everyone were starting to warm up a bit here we should reach 48, I feel so bad for the people in New York that are getting so much snow. All this talk of snow had me thinking about snowmen.



I bought the Gift Box Punch Board by We are Memory Keepers at the first of the year and have not even tried it out. Well  Craft Horders Anonymous challenge this week is boxes so I thought I would give it a try. I made three boxes 8x8 start line M, diagonal M, 2  6x6, start line S, diagonal S, and 10x10 start line L, diagonal L. On the Large and Medium box I stamped the Large Filigree Snowflake   (by DRS designs) with white Color Box ink and clear glittered embossing powder. I could not get it to show up in any of the pitchers but it looks really nice. After stamping the boxes I scored and folded them. For the buttons on the large and medium boxes I used office supply brads that I heated and dipped in black sparkle embossing powder. I opened the boxes and poked holes for the brads then closed them up. The eyes and mouth are demensional stickers and the nose it a paper triangle. Between the head box and the hat box is a black circle that I bent and shaped to look like a hat brim then I added 1/2 inch Tear-ific tape and red glitter for the band. The snow flake is a brad that was heated and diped in clear sparkle embossing powder. The scarf is 1/2 inch Tear-ific tape covered in red glitter. ( you can find more about this technique Here) I used the 1/2 inch Tear-ific Tape to stick the boxes together.





Don't forget to join in the DRS Designs Color challenge this week. 

Have a wonderful day,

Janett

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How absolutely fun! I'll take a snowman like this anyway over the real ones.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

lost coast scrapper said...

So cute and fun!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

Such a cute snowman, love my snowmen and the use of WRMK punch boards....thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Glenda said...

Your idea for the three boxes is just so creative! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

creative lady said...

Wow, love your snowman box! So clever. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

wendipooh13 said...

ahhhh love your fun snowman!!!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Gloria Stengel said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I love my WRMK punch board! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for our Box challenge!