Home, Interest

Monday, June 4, 2012

canning,chickens,and cooking


We went from a beautiful weekend to a rainy Monday. This weekend I did some canning, yellow squash, and two kinds of pickles. I never canned squash before but they look nice in the jar, and this is a new pickle recipe, I hope they are good and not mushy.



We let the chickens out in the yard yesterday afternoon and they were so funny 5 of the chickens were bunched up in a pile taking a dirt bath if you look close you can see the little bantam under the bigger chickens, they stayed like this for a long time. The other  pic is of our little roster curly Bill he’s a Frizzle Cochin Bantam.




I’m still on my quest to find great zucchini recipes, I tried a new pineapple zucchini bread recipe it was OK not great more like a spice cake you could not taste the pineapple at all. But I did try one that Alex and I did like John said that he was on the fence about Italian Zucchini-Mozzarella Patties, Cheese and garlic what’s not to like.

Italian Zucchini - Mozzarella Patties

4 cups grated zucchini packed

2 large eggs beaten

1 small onion, finely chopped

½ cup all-purpose flour

2- 3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic

1/3 -½ cup grated parmesan cheese

1 cup mozzarella cheese

1 teaspoon seasoning salt

1-2 teaspoon black pepper

Olive oil for frying

1. Squeeze out as much moisture from the zucchini as possible

2. Place zucchini in large bowl

3. Add all remaining ingredients except oil.

4. Mix well

5. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat

6. Drop the zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoon into hot oil fry on both
    sides until golden

Well I need to get back to my stamping.


Have a wonderful day,
Janett

No comments: